With such a vast selection of modern shades to choose from, it can be overwhelming to find the perfect ones for your home. What is the best type of shade? There is no right answer. It all depends on which shade complements your home decor while meeting your privacy, insulation, and energy efficiency needs. Window shape, position, and style are some other important details to consider. Today we’re going to discuss the pros and cons of woven wood shades and roman shades. They’re both great window treatments, but you may prefer one over the other. We hope that this blog post helps you narrow down your options.
Do you live in the New York City area and want to get your hands on some roman shades ny or woven wood shades? Royal Window Treatments can hook you up! We have over 20 years of experience and specialize in designing and installing custom window treatments.
Woven Wood Shades
Made out of natural materials, woven wood shades bring the outdoors to you! They are constructed of strips of wood, reed, and bamboo and are carefully woven together with cords of cotton twine.
- They give your home a natural and outdoorsy look
- They have a unique appearance and are loaded with character
- Woven wood shades look great as decor in any home
- Provides moderate light diffusion
- Gives reasonable privacy
- Privacy can be enhanced with fabric backings
- They can come in vertical form which is ideal for sliding glass doors and large windows
- When they fold up they look similar to roman shades
- Your shades may not look exactly like the sample you saw since you can’t completely control the appearance of natural materials
- Woven wood gets ragged around the edges, however, this can be controlled with decorative tape
- Grass can fray over time, allowing more sunlight in and reducing your privacy
- Can be warped and become faded over time due to sunlight and moisture
If you’re interested in purchasing woven wood shades, our professional designers can help you choose the perfect ones that fit your home decor.
Roman shades have actually been around for decades and have made a comeback in recent years. Roman shades have a very unique appearance, which sets them apart from other shades. They stack up evenly when open, while are visibly smooth when closed.
- Roman shades are timeless and don’t go out of style
- They are extremely versatile—there’s a style for everyone
- Are decent insulators and help maintain room temperature
- Practical while appealing to the eye
- Offer maximum privacy without compromising style
- There are light-filtering and room-darkening options
- Easy to clean
- They can be motorized
- Their fabric blocks out most of the light that comes through your window, even when they are raised
- To open them you have to raise or lower them, there are no options that open vertically
Love the idea of roman shades? Royal Window Treatments can customize roman shades ny for you.
High-Quality Shades From Royal Window Treatments
Both woven and roman shades will make a beautiful addition to your home. Now that you know the pros and cons of each, you should have a better idea of which suits your needs and style. What shade speaks out to you more? If one has caught your eye, contact Royal Window Treatments today to get started on customizing your favorite shades!
Have a select woven or roman shade style in mind? Get in touch with us, and we’ll customize the shades of your dreams. Or if you don’t have a preference, we’d be happy to point you in the right direction. Still don’t know which shades you should buy? Don’t hesitate to call us for more details. Plus we have a large selection of other window treatments that you can choose from as well! Whether you select woven, roman shades ny, or something else, we promise that we will provide you with high-quality window treatments and exceptional service!