Windows without window treatments are windows that leave rooms exposed and lacking. Most find window treatments for the purpose of shade and privacy, but many would be surprised that there are other reasons to choose from. Window treatments vary in their expertise and are fully a matter of personal taste and preference. All window treatments have their pros and cons, in this blog, we’ll help you decide what fits you best.
A fitting window treatment will always boost your room’s feel and design, there’s no right answer, only the most fitting. The benefits of window treatments such as privacy and light exposure are known, but it is less commonly known that they save you from pricy electricity bills thanks to their insulation, they additionally can protect your food from spoiling faster and to control your in-room lighting conditions.
Blinds are amongst the most traditional window treatment option seen across both homes and businesses alike. Blinds are a common option thanks to their straightforwardness, versatility, and relative inexpensiveness (depending on some factors such as material) and their simple aesthetic. Blind achieve both privacy and light control even though sunlight does escape to an extent through its slats even when fully shut. Blinds are comprised of horizontal slats connected and controlled by thin strings. This is a popular option due to its versatility, for example, you can either close the slats to block most light or open them to introduce light into your room with the option to as well adjust them and raise the blinds fully to permit clear sight to the outdoors.
On a budget but searching for an effective window treatment? You can choose between aluminum or faux wood options which offer all that is expected of blinds but with an aesthetic bonus.
In the case of the blinds getting damaged somehow, they can easily be repaired as their structure, to begin with is not complicated being comprised of individual slats. Broken slats can be replaced easily along with gluing and other effective means. In addition, faux wood and aluminum blinds are easily cleaned and maintained, making them less likely to become stained or faded over time than other types of window treatments.
Shades aren’t as widely popular as blinds, although they still effectively achieve privacy and light control in your rooms. Shade options and varieties are growing and changing offering a wide choice array of blinds. For instance, our shades are made with special materials that ensure additional insulation to your rooms all while having aesthetic appeal.
- Simple Aesthetic. Cellular and roller shades give an easy and soft matt shade to rooms which is hard to come by with other window treatment options. This is an ideal option for homeowners searching for more sleek and simplistic modern looks for their room designs. Bamboo and Roman shades are extremely popular favorites that can add to a room’s warmth and act as the perfect final touch.
- Effectivity. Privacy and light control are given when discussing window treatments, but unlike most window treatments, there is always a shortcoming when it comes to the two. Shades offer both privacy and light control in the most effective of ways. With privacy liners or blackout liners shades can offer your room the opportunity of being a sanctuary of quiet, dark zen. This is a common favorite for home theaters, bedrooms and offices.
Curtains are a lightweight window treatment that hangs above windows and doors adding a decorative yet effective flair to your room and window. In contrast to blinds and shades, curtains stand outside of the window frame and can cover either some parts or all of your window vertically. Unlike blinds and shades, their dramatic design makes them heavy focal points of a room. Curtains can range from anywhere between floor length to end of window length, depending on your preference..
- Protection. Curtains can lengthen your shades or blind’s lifespan if the two are combined, it can save you from cleaning especially if they remain closed. Curtains as well tend to be favorites to household pets and seemingly are dust magnets. Dust isn’t much of an issue for curtains as they can be easily slid off their upholdings above-window rods and can easily be dusted outside to your convenience.
- Decorative. We all know that curtains are a fantastic way in enhancing the beauty of your rooms and windows on their own, but they can as well do so with blinds and shades to complete their jobs. Curtains create an interesting situation in which light effects and even colors can change the toning in any given room if placed with blinds or shades’ woods, materials, and textiles all depending on your preference and personal styling of your rooms and windows
When most people hear of drapes they usually immediately resort to thinking that the two are one and the same and totally interchangeable. However, the facts say differently—drapes and curtains are two similar options offering two different window treatments. Drapes are the epidemy of the heavy and thick drape that tends to cover the thin and light curtain. Curtains invite in more light as drapes offer complete darkness.
- Insulation and soundproofing. In contrast to the thin curtains which virtually give no fight against the title of this section, drapes easily do the job by keeping the heat in during the winter, the cold in during the summer and protecting against the brutal opposites outside the windows. Additionally, drapes effectively keep out disruptive outside noises that you may find irritating, this is a perfect option if you live near a construction sight, a busy street, or train tracks.
- Elegance. As curtains tend to be more informal, they make a perfect set with their heavy-drape counterparts. Drapes, which come in tens of dozens of designs most commonly custom ones, are built to impress, these are perfect options for dining rooms, living rooms, master bedrooms and entertainment rooms. Drapes can as well be perfect options for any room if paired with the fitting additional window treatment.
At this point, I introduced you to the four most common window treatment options, but your search isn’t complete until you meet shutters. Here at Royal Window Treatments, we offer an extensive array of window treatment options and materials. We offer everything from faux wood shutters to wood plantation shutters, etcetera. Shutters, are similar in essence to blinds but are controlled via a connected stick and are opened fully via a latch similar to doors or windows.
- Manufacturation. When ordering a window treatment, most want it immediately. Luckily for you, you can arrive at our presentation center in Manhattan and choose and acquire one of our faux wood options and see it almost immediately with it taking up to two weeks until your choice is in your hands. That’s half the time it would take until you get real wood shutters.
- Design. Installing your very own window treatment can seem difficult at first. Fauxwood is generally made of lighter materials making it easier to lift and of course to assemble especially if contrasted with the heavier wood options. This offers you and your back an easier task while saving your time and money all at the same time.
Contact Royal Window Treatments:
240 3RD AVE, NEW YORK CITY, NY 10003
(212) 473 1111